As we rolled into a new year I read several other bloggers claim a word that they want to represent 2013. I know that I’m about a month late but I’m putting my 2013 word out there…LIVE. Not to be mistaken with the 90’s rock band famous for “Lightning Crashes”. Like in “to live abundantly”. I chose a verb for my year because I want to remind myself that life is really just a series of choices stacked together that turn into days…days that turn into weeks…weeks that turn into months…months that turn into years…years that turn into decades (hopefully). But it can be broken down into intentional choices.
After I finished my cancer treatment it was easy for me to get trapped in the mindset of “waiting”. Waiting to see if the cancer comes back. Waiting for the side effects to go away. Waiting for things to change. Waiting feels passive. Living is active. Making choices to be the person God created me to be is “living abundantly”. So here are a few things that I will choose to shape my 2013:
- Waking up every morning and taking a moment to breathe deep and be thankful for a new day and new mercies
- Filling my home with good food, good wine, friends and laughter
- To look at each day and recognize what I can control and (attempt to 🙂 ) let go of what I can’t to God
- To not allow bitterness to color my life but focus on the blessings I have and the hope I have in Jesus for healing and restoration
- To run and enjoy the outdoors
- To embrace ALL the emotions in my heart…good and bad…no numbing, hiding or escaping…just being present
- To plant a garden
- To write 1 blog post a week 🙂
I am curious if you choose a word for the year? I’d love to hear it if you do.